December 21, 2009

WHAT I WANT IN MY NEW BEDROOM

The rather naive list of the things I covet:
  • A proper “grown-up” wardrobe
  • Secretary desk/workstation
  • Shelves. A whole bunch of it, for the ever growing numbers of books and other hoarded goods.
  • One cool comfy  chair
  • Queen-sized bed with storage
  • One really really good lookin’ lamp and a wall sconce for reading.
  • One corner dedicated for framed-pictures and gorgeous wallpaper.
  • A new set of beddings in jewel tones, and various textures. 
furniture imspirations

During one of my random search I found out most of the furnishing pictured above were heavily influenced by the French Royales, so I think this set would also appropriately called Loony for Louis, Louis, Louis (Quatorze, Quinze, the guy that married Marie Antoinette).


Apartment Therapy give a pretty thorough description with pictures (and its modern interpretation too) each era, for those who are wondering what the hell makes the difference between Baroque, Rococo, and Neo-Classical architecture/interior?
For the furniture styles I'll prolly  could sum it up to:
  • Bulky/Dark & Bold Colors/ Arabesque and Grotesque ornaments/ Big Velvety Damasks = Baroque
  • Light often asymmetrical/Pastels/Delicate Cursive Ornaments/ Silky & Feminine Damask = Rococo
  • Boxish with Columnlike Legs/ Rustic and Muted Colors/Studlike Ornaments and exposed wood/ Simple or Exotic Patterns = Neo Classical
There will be more posts on these French Royalties later... due to my penchant for  decadence I guess, can't really help it (even when it came to depict a rather morbid subject, I tend to use heavy-ass decorations and striking colors). That sorta got me convinced that the results on this quiz I take at Facebook have a certain truth in it.
 I do not know how you feel about Shalimma Robbiaswaty, but it seems that you were male in your last incarnation. You were born somewhere in the territory of modern Austria, around the year 1725.Your profession was that of a dramatist, director, musician or bard. Your brief psychological profile in your past life: You always liked to travel and to investigate. You could have been a detective or a spy.

No comments:

Post a Comment