September 28, 2009

Feeling French!

You know what? I can cook!
at least I successfully made this Easy Breezy Please Me Frenchy Toasty....
I woke up with such craving for sweet pastries but the sun is already up, even though it's still 9 AM, it was dizzyingly hot. After a tad of google-ing I stumbled on this great recipe on the Amateur Gourmet. Thinking "Hey, even I might do this..." I immediately ransacked the kitchen to find the necessary ingredients (which weren't that hard to find either) and Voila!

Here's the recipe for those of you who are sick and tired with the are-you-trying-to-poison-me-look from your so called friend. This here is a recipe for two, If you are eating by yourself like I was,  just cut everything down by half...

Ingredients

- 2/3 cup milk
- 4 eggs
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or 1 Tablespoon rum (I used rum, of course, since I am pirate-ish)
- a pinch of salt
- 8 slices of bread
- butter/margarine for greasing the skillet with
- ground cinnamon and the kind of sugar that you put on donuts

1. You supposed to whisk everything together at once thoroughly, except the bread and butter, in a shallow pan (used the not-so-flat-plate). But I decide to whisk eggs, sugar, salt, and rum first until the sugar is completely dissolved before I put the milk in and whisk some more until even-colored.
2. Melt butter/margarine in the skillet/ pan. Dip both side of the bread, but not too wet so you could still lift it without breaking and put it in the pan. Adjust to medium heat.
3. Wait until it became golden brown ( I myself prefer my toast to be a bit burned for that extra crunch so I wait a little longer) and flip it over and wait a bit more.
4. Put them on the plate and sprinkle it with donut-sugar and ground cinnamon. Yum!


No comments:

Post a Comment