July 17, 2010

The Juxbox: Natural Curiosities




I'm a hoarder by nature and with my interest in anatomy, science, books, and decorating it's no great surprise that one of my dreams is having my own Wunderkammer.  Isn't just grand to have a roomful of books and interesting objects and whatnots. Too be frank the dream, as any good dreams are, is a bit far fetched. I would be more happy enough to settle with a copy of Albertus Seba's Cabinet of Natural Curiosities (remember this please, especially on my birthday). Or perhaps not, and went collecting little by little until I die, in the meanwhile I will share my collection here, this blog is my weenie web wunderkammer after all. 

How could I not envy him, cool job, awesome house, even fabulous clothings.

Albertus Seba's famous plates

a painting by Frans II Francken


what a wonderful idea!

Superman's Fortress of Solitude is in essence a wunderkammer
More curiosities here and here. I leave you now, with a lovely video from Etsy....



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment