August 20, 2009

Travel: Malang






After Surabaya I head straight to Malang. I am quite surprised to find it much more crowded since my last visit. The city it seemed has caught quite a lot of attention from Indonesian and foreign tourists alike. And at almost every corner there are cafes sprouting and competing for attention from the "young & trendy". I liked the traditional makeshift coffee stalls better with their local coffee recipes and their many kinds of fritters. I mean why would I want to park my ass on some other cookie-cutted-cafe, got plenty of taht already here in Jakarta. Although admittedly upon meeting some friends I did try one, the coffee was pretty good and way cheaper too (less than half the price of most Jakarta's fancies)
For anyone who want to go there I suggest be quick! Before it becomes just another pavement.


No comments:

Post a Comment